Guest Post: DIY Pearl & Bow Earrings from Curly Made

I don't think I've ever had someone guest-post on my blog, but when Daniela of Curly Made showed me these pretty earrings, I couldn't say no! They're right up my alley (remember these bow and pearl earrings I made a while back?) and these babies are easy enough to make without special tools! Plus she has a video of how to make it too - isn't that sweet? Well, I won't hold you any longer - take it away, Daniela!


This week I was in the mood for something really cute and girly, so I decided to try the famous fork bow technique that has been all over every crafter's Pinterest feed. This is indeed a much easier way to quickly create a perfect mini bow and once you get the hang of it no item will be safe, because you'll want to attach these cuties everywhere.




You will need:
Ribbon; Fork; Pearl beads, Headpins, Earring wire, Pliers and Scissors


Cut an 8-inch piece of ribbon and place it behind your fork with the prongs facing upwards.


Grab the left side of the ribbon crossing it over the fork and the right one through the middle prongs. Hold it in place.


Take the piece on your right and bring it to the back through the middle prong, like so.


Flip the fork around and tie both ends of the ribbon.


Slide it off the fork and your bow is complete. Use the heat of candle or a lighter to keep the edges from fraying. And these are ready to attach everywhere you want.


Now to make the earrings, slide a pearl onto a headpin, and pierce the bow, be careful not to pull the fibers on the fabric too much.


Cut the headpin, leaving just enough to make the loop.


Before closing, attach the earring wire, and close the loop. Done!





Thank you for reading my guest post.
If you liked it don't forget to check out my blog, and I hope to see you over there soon, 





3 comments

  1. These are so cute! I never would have thought to use a fork to make a bow ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Don't forget to check out Daniela's blog! :)

      Delete
  2. What is the thickness of the satin ribbon ? I love theses.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top